Our agency provides both group home and independent housing for persons with severe and persistent psychiatric illnesses. Our group homes range from transitional to long-term and provide services to both MICA and non-MICA consumers.
Please review the following criteria prior to completing the attached referral form. PLI does not discriminate based on race, creed, color, age, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin in either the eligibility or intake process.
- Have a serious and persistent mental illness diagnosed on Axis I (DSM-IV), such as Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective Disorder, Bipolar Disorder or Major Depression. There must be an Axis I diagnosis of Substance Abuse, if a M.I.C.A. group home is desired.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Demonstrate sufficient psychiatric stability such that he/she does not require inpatient services.
- For a referral made to the 450/MICA and 324/IRP programs individuals referred from a state hospital with a minimum of a four-month length of stay will be given priority. Our other residences can take referrals from the community.
- Be a resident of Essex County.
- Persons with Axis I (DSM-IV) diagnoses of Substance Abuse (without a concurrent primary diagnosis as indicated in item 1 on the inclusionary criteria).
- Symptoms and/or behavior that present a danger to self, others, or property.
- Persons with a history of arson, homicide, attempted homicide, or patterns of violent behavior, including sexual assault/molestation will be assessed as to the clinical appropriateness of the referral
- If a M.I.C.A. referral, clean time of less than 90 days.
- Persons with medical conditions requiring skilled nursing care.
- Referrals may be made by families, providers of mental health services and other social services agencies.
- Applicant will be asked to sign release of information during first interview, to enable Project Live to obtain background information.
- Once the completed application is received it will be thoroughly reviewed. You will be contacted in writing as to its disposition.
Once again, thank you for your interest in Project live, Inc.
Make a difference in the
programs and services
offered by Project Live.
Project Live Honors our Partners and Staff